Item Coversheet






Councilperson Russell offered the following resolution and moved its adoption, which resolution was declared adopted after a poll of the members of this Board:

RESOLUTION NO. 165 - 2018

A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTION OF AN AGREEMENTS WITH THE LONG ISLAND NETS REGARDING TEAM PRACTICES AND A BASKETBALL CAMP AT THE NORTH HEMPSTEAD "YES WE CAN" COMMUNITY CENTER.

        WHEREAS, the Department of Parks and Recreation (the “Department”) wants to operate a basketball camp at the North Hempstead “Yes We Can” Community Center (the “Services”); and

 

        WHEREAS, the Commissioner of the Department has recommended that the Town enter into an agreement with the Long Island Nets through Brooklyn Nets, LLC, 15 MetroTech Center, 11th Floor, Brooklyn NY 11201, to provide the Services for a term beginning on April 2, 2018 and ending on April 6, 2018 and for a term beginning on April 21, 2018 and ending on April 22, 2018 (the “Camp Agreement”); and

 

        WHEREAS, pursuant to the Camp Agreement, the Long Island Nets would retain seventy percent (70%) of camp revenue and the Town would be paid the remaining thirty percent (30%); and

 

        WHEREAS, the Long Island Nets have also requested that the Town execute an agreement to authorize the filming of team practices at the “Yes We Can” Community Center (the “Filming Agreement”); and

 

        WHEREAS, this Board finds it to be in the best interest of the Town to authorize the Camp Agreement and the Filming Agreement (the “Agreements”).

 

        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT

 

        RESOLVED that the Agreements be and are hereby authorized; and be it further

 

        RESOLVED that the Supervisor be and hereby is authorized and directed to execute the Agreements on behalf of the Town, which Agreement shall be on file with the Office of the Town Clerk, and to take such other action as may be necessary to effectuate the foregoing; and be it further

 

        RESOLVED that the Office of the Town Attorney be and hereby is authorized and directed to negotiate and oversee the execution of the Agreements, and to take such other action as may be necessary to effectuate the foregoing.

 

Dated:        Manhasset, New York

 

                  March 20, 2018

 

The vote on the foregoing resolution was recorded as follows:

 

Ayes:  Councilperson De Giorgio, Councilperson Ferrara, Councilperson Kaplan, Councilperson Russell, Councilperson Seeman, Councilperson Zuckerman, Supervisor Bosworth

 

Nays:  None

 

 

cc:        Town Attorney        Comptroller        Parks